Vibrant “Alberta Approved” Farmers’ Markets supporting local make it, bake it, grow it producers
The Alberta Farmers’ Market Association (AFMA) fosters partnerships to stimulate farmers’ market initiatives; works collaboratively to assess, develop and implement policies and guidelines that will strengthen the quality of farmers’ markets in Alberta; provides support to our member markets, vendors, managers, boards and sponsors through advocacy, education, promotion and innovation.
AFMA’s Organizational Aims
- To develop and build a network of approved markets throughout Alberta of skilled, viable and sustainable producers and makers, managers, and boards.
- To organize and foster the development of local Alberta products, and produce publications, marketing ventures, awareness projects and information services benefiting AFMA members and the general public.
- To build strong leadership thus enhancing the quality of approved farmers’ markets.
- To continue to nurture the strong healthy working relationship with Alberta Agriculture, Farmers’ Market Program
- To be fiscally responsible and practice good governance.
AFMA’s Core Values
- QUALITY – We support and promote the creation and development of farmers’ markets that are distinctive, authentic and feature local produce and products first.
- EDUCATION – We support and promote the development of market skills, knowledge and related entrepreneurship that develops successful locally based businesses and professionalism in the local food and product sector.
- INCLUSIVENESS – We support and promote a broad based membership of those interested in Alberta local food involving individuals, organizations and businesses.
- PARTNERSHIPS – We seek to support and promote relationships with provincial, regional and national groups, associations, and organizations committed to building a unique network of local Alberta food markets.
- INNOVATION – We support organizational innovation that demonstrates integrity, vitality and responsible growth.
The Alberta Farmers’ Market Association (AFMA), incorporated as a non-profit society in 1994, is led by a volunteer Board of Directors and coordinated by contracted staff. The role of the Board is to guide the work of the Association. Since 1994, the organization has provided support for increasing numbers of approved market and vendor members each year.
Original content belongs to: https://albertafarmersmarket.com/about-us/